I, Ruth Ellis, am a registered sole trader operating as Indexellis. I offer indexing services to a variety of clients. My client/customer base is worldwide.
This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me. If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information (e.g. my availability or a quote for indexing services)
- allow me to contact you while an indexing project is ongoing
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following basic information:
- email address
- phone number if you provided one
- information pertinent to your enquiry (e.g. word count, nature of project, whether you’re an author or an editor)
If we agree to work together, I collect the following additional information:
- postal address to be used on invoices to fulfill my contractual obligations to HMRC (the UK tax authority)
- file(s) required for the work
My website collects the minimum information possible, namely:
IP address for website analytics
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (HMRC) should it request an audit.
- To contact you in response to your enquiry.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my indexing services.
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish your testimonial for me on my website).
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect via email is stored on my password-protected email accounts. I do not have an external address book. These email accounts are:
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
Your personal data, i.e. name and address, is kept for a minimum of seven years to comply with my obligations to HMRC, the UK tax authority.
Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. Provided that I am complying with HMRC’s legal requirements, I will action your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
I do not share your information with third parties unless:
- you ask me to in writing
- I am required to do so by law, e.g. as part of a Revenue audit of my business.
Accessing, deleting or correcting your information
You have the right to know what information about you I collect and use and to request a copy of it. You also have the right to delete or correct this information. To do so, please email me or use the contact form on this site and write GDPR Access Request, GDPR Deletion Request or GDPR Correction Request in the subject line as appropriate.